By Fadi Didi
Over 3 dozen people exposed to carbon monoxide in a greenhouse in Delta, B.C.
Over 3 dozen people who were exposed to carbon monoxide in a greenhouse in Delta, B.C. went to hospital on Saturday.
B.C. Emergency Health Services says 13 ambulances responded to the incident.
Thirty-two people were listed in stable condition while another 10 were "serious to critical" condition.
Deputy Chief Guy McKintuck says it appears combustion-powered pressure washers were being used in an area that was not properly ventilated.
He says his fire crews were not sure what they were dealing with at first, but through their investigation they quickly realized that it was a carbon monoxide incident.
Kemptville College near Ottawa is about to be sold.
North Grenville Township says it will buy from the province a large portion of the main campus and surrounding property.
The agricultural college opened for students in 1921 and was the go-to college for years for local dairy farmers.
The University of Guelph took over the campus in 1997 and announced in 2014 that the school would close, causing rural outrage.
The college graduated its last two-year agricultural diploma students in 2015. There were 36 graduates.
The same year the college graduated students in equine, heavy equipment tech, industrial welding, horticulture and food science.